Thursday, May 24, 2007

God's Fun Creation!

Today we had the special privilege of enjoying some of God's fun creation. Matt was out working in the yard while the girls played nearby. Soon Kaylyn and Grace were running to him, "daddy we found a turtle! " Matt didn't believe it until he saw the head move. Then he ran into the house "mom, look what the girls found." I looked at the little guy and thought "uh huh he's trying to trick me with one of the fake turtles from the yard but then I saw the leg move. From there you can imagine the fun we've had. I went online and found out that the girls had found an endangered desert tortoise so we have to apply for a permit to keep him or turn him in. Either way we are enjoying him. All of us! We even put names in a bowl and drew one out so he would have a name instead of Fred or Jack! Hope you enjoy his debut! Judging by the website we think he is a few weeks old. Oh, and his name? Dash!The discoverers! (Above)

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow, how cool!!!!
Ciarra you are missing something!
We are all missing all of you!! Love You!

Mishel said...

Hi Sileena!!! What a nice surprise to have you stop by my blog! : )

I *loved* this story about the girls finding the turtle. When I was about six years old, I found a turtle! I was playing outside while my dad washed our car and I saw it crawling up the driveway--of course, just like Matt, my dad didn't believe it until he saw it! I kept him for a couple of years, but now I don't remember what actually happened to him. : (

mommaz said...

I waited all weekend for this! What a blessing indeed. Isn't God wonderful? Absolutely! Its in the smiles of my granddaughters as they enjoy their new pet. love and miss you all so much. NANA