When Cuppie was first really talking everyone was ma'am. Which I loved! She was one of those typical babies who always wants momma and let everyone know. I was her first love!
Then she discovered daddy. I say that like he wasn't around but he was. Faithful as time, daddy was always there. Contentedly letting her be momma's baby. Well sorta'. Fact is, he was jealous. No I'm kidding. He did get a little frustrated that she always wanted me when it was time to fall asleep but like I said around 16 months when she quit needing me for nourishment she gained this new found love. My how the tables had turned.
I missed my precious little girl calling after me and needing me so that she could fall asleep. But like clockwork, she had her daddy and her life was good. I say was but really it has been good. She is soooo her daddy's little girl.
Whenever he leaves we all go to the garage and wave and blow kisses til the door closes and dad is out of sight. However when we hear the door opening it is quite a different story. Cuppie runs to the door and before daddy can get out of the van she is standing by his door with a huge grin on her face. Ahhh! Yes, it is precious.
So, like I said I do sometimes feel pangs of jealousy. Not resentment though. I truly want them to be daddy's girls. I love that. So do they (ALL the girls and daddy).
But, I want you to know that when the going gets rough and Cuppie needs a kiss on a boo boo or when she needs someone to run to for safety...nope it's not always momma. Sorry.
HOWEVER, when she is being admonished and needs to answer for her crimes the answer is always, " 's ma'am". That means yes ma'am. And that means she reverts back to her first love y'all!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment