Thursday, February 7, 2008

Recipe box swap

Photobucket

I just got this recipe and made it today as a comforting meal for our sick family and it's absolutely wonderful! My husband gives it a "10" and says it's better than um, the zoopa toscana at that very famous Italian chain restaraunt! Since it was given to me and it is wonderful, I now pass it on to you! Happy eating. If you'd like some more recipes (you know you would) then go here and see what others have in the swap.

POTATO SOUP
Ingredients
1 Cup butter
1 Cup flour
10 Cups milk
5 lbs. potatos
1 lb. bacon
2 1/2 Cups shredded cheese
16 oz. Sour cream

Cooking
Peel and cut the potatos into squares then boil until soft. Cook bacon. Melt butter, stir in flour. Add milk, potatos, bacon, sour cream and cheese.
Simmer everything and serve.
Yield - 6 quarts which is a whole lot of yummy soup!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sileena,

That soup recipe sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I'm gonna have to make it during the next week or two --- we definitely have plenty of rain to make soup a perfect meal...LOL

Nancy

Sharon said...

Thank you for taking the time for posting this recipe. Since I am a soup fan....it WILL be used!

Junie Moon said...

Potato soup is also one of my comfort foods. I'm going to try your version right away. Thank you so much!

Sharon said...

Thank you for taking time to post this recipe. We are a gang that LOVE good soup...and it will get used!!

Anonymous said...

You have saved the day. I decided I wanted to make potato soup for our fellowship meal tomorrow night.

I could not remember where I put the recipe I like and now, I have yours. :)

I think it will be a big hit.

Hope your family is feeling better.

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

That soup sounds wonderful! Thanks!

I love the pic of your family.

Tiffany said...

I made this last night and bought sourdough bowls and put the soup in them with a sprinkle of cheese on top served with a salad and it was a hit!!! Great recipe thank you for sharing!!!