Friday, March 21, 2008

I pulled off this surprise

So, it's been such a very long week. My husband left Monday morning for Pastor's School and I started the life of single motherhood. Let me just say, for any of you who've had to wear this hat on a regular basis, I applaud you! This is sooo hard. A day's worth of errands took me 3 and I skipped the small ones (like dropping off the dry cleaning) because the thought of unloading for 5 mins and bringing them in to wait in line and load them back up makes a 5 min errand into a 15-20 min errand *sigh* and is not so appealing to me.

BUT...I did manage to pull off a surprise for my husband while he's in Indiana.

When he called me once he mentioned these shoes that were at a vendor table. He didn't elaborate but by the time I got off the phone I got it into my head that I wanted to surprise him.

After lots of phone calling I finally talked to the vendor and arranged for my husband to go pick out some of the shoes WITHOUT KNOWING THEY WERE FROM ME!

Then I called him and told him the vendor called and said he needed to go pick out some shoes because someone had bought some for him.

The funniest part was when he asked me if I knew who'd bought them I told him I'm not able to tell him 'til he gets home. Then he told me he'd asked his friend if he knew and his friend didn't say anything (he knew) and that if he was lying I'd know. Yep, honey, I know. What a funny guy!

So, peeps, I did it! He was surprised and still has no idea, while on those airplanes, that his little wife back home, bought him some new shoes!

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

What a sweet blessing !-Mrs.M.

Ashleigh Baker said...

What a sweet wife. I'm sure he'll be pleased to know it was you. :)

And, boyohboy, do I hear ya when it comes to running errands. I can usually only make it to one place in a day and even that is crazy!! :D

Shari said...

Sileena: You are one crafty little wife! I wish I could do that for my hubby. As hard as they work, they deserve what they want and ask for! Take care and still praying! Shari