Since I kinda opened my own can of worms (unintentionally) about my shoes I'll get that one outta the way first. Let me just say up front, when I walk out the door without a watch or bracelet or *gasp* earrings or a necklace (very rarely happens), my main accessory is my shoes VERY, VERY important!

Those flip flops are my staple in the desert for daily wear, including yard work. Oddly, I don't have a black pair. Long story short, it's time for a new pair so I'm taking recommendations for a GOOD name and pair of lasting flip flops. Also, yes those are pink tennis shoes and they are my only pair of tennies! They're worn on daily walks and occasionally for sports.
Those boxes hold my fancy schmancy shoes. In fact one of 'em won me the "cutest shoes" award at the mother/daughter luncheon I spoke at last May. Want to know which ones? You'll see at the end when the contents are revealed.
As for my "uniform" this is what I wore today to go shopping with my mom-n-law. That there khaki skirt...I couldn't live without! Notice the flip flops. This is typical daily wear including the hair and makeup. Gotta keep the home fires burning. Now, onto the "money is not an issue" shopping. Even if money were no issue, modesty would still be and being that it's spring, in the desert, where it's already in the 70's to 80's, the hemlines are much shorter than I wear so...this was a little difficult. If this dress was a bit longer It would have to become a summer staple or this one. Of course this is adorable too.
This or this or even this in vanilla would be my summer bag pick because doesn't every gal need a cute bag to go with that cute outfit? Especially when the sky's the limit?
Now, drumroll please, the shoes...if I weren't so tired I'd have a rather extensive list but if you're still with me you deserve to see my top pick. So here it is. Nothing spectacular. Just the one that would go with all my summer clothes and then of course there would have to be the shoes to go with the outfits that don't match those shoes. Which is why I have all the shoes I have.
Thanks for playing.
Run, don't walk (your fingers that is), back to bigmama's for other fashion shoes...oops, I meant shows of course.
Oh, before I forget, the boxes have been opened and the white ones were the winners.

24 comments:
You are a lovely lady! Thanks for sharing your pretty shoes with us - um, virtually, that is. I have a dearth of shoes. I'm not into shoes or make-up but I do love me some funky earrings!
Very cute shoes indeed! For black flip flops, you must get some Teva Mush flip flops....you'll never have a more comfy pair!
LOVE your shoe collection! :) I have a few pairs of Reef flip-flops that I really like, and they have lasted a few years now. They are a bit heavier than normal flip-flops, but maybe my legs are getting a workout while I wear them? ;)
That's a lot of shoes! You go girl. I love that flip flops are a part of the uniform!
You have ALMOST as many shoes as me!!
Oh those shoes! Cute, cute, cute!
Now I want to go shoe shopping!
Thanks for playing!
Fun!
Fun! I love shoes and bags too.
Ohh, I love those dresses and the shoes are divine! You have marvelous taste. Thanks for sharing.
You are a shoe QUEEN!!!! Love it!
Love the opened toe shoes. So cute!! And they are so loved having their own spot in the closet. Shoe organizing is on my list to do.
love the khaki skirt! i need to broaden my horizons beyond black and may do it with that one!
I think you take the title for "Shoe Queen" in the Fiesta!
So - - - are all those GORGEOUS shoes always that organized in your closet?
Perhaps I should do another post - - - an "unfashionable" post and show the TRUE condition of all the shoes in my closet and near my closet and down by the patio door and - - - -
Well, you get the idea.
:-)
Great post.
Wow, have my shoes actually earned me a queen title? this will be a marked day in history! Thanks for making this more fun than I imagined y'all!
WOW. That's a LOT of shoes!!
I absolutely agree! You are the Shoe Queen!!
I too have a shoe festish! I enjoyed stopping in !I hope you will come and see my fiesta!
I want you all to know that that shoe display says one thing, "My husband loves me!" Thank you very much.
- The Shoe Queen's King
oh it is definitely genetic! my daughter has nothing on me...my shoe collection only pales to Imelda Marcus'!!!! YOU GO GIRL!! love you bunches, mom
I have my fancy shmancy shoes all boxed up, too. I've kinda forgot what they look like...
Hooray for shoes!! Thanks so much for the pics... and you are just too great--they're actually organized! :)
Those shoes are so so cute!
Your kids are absolutely adorable!
Flip flops are apparently where it's at. I need to broaden my horizons a little, apparently! I have only two pair!
Post a Comment