Thursday, May 8, 2008

Living Romans 8:28

Monday morning we had a ladies prayer breakfast. We have these once amonth. We meet somewhere and eat and pray. At times there have been as many as 6 ladies. This time there were 3. I was not discouraged in any way. It is at these meetings that it feels we really get to know eachother and open up with one another.
Rhonda usually rides with me since she lives around the corner and this day was no different.
When we were fixin to leave a woman came to the van and let me know sdf
Ugh! This was the same tire that'd been flat the day before and had been "fixed" when my husband took it to the tire store. The tire store that not coincidentally was across the street from me now. I got out my trusty AAA Card
only to find that it had expired 2 days before. Do you know that I would've had to reinstate before they would've sent help? I've been a member for 3 years and before the break, I'd been a member for 3 years. Now, that's reliability in a pinch.
Anyhoo, went for jack and tire iron 3
and the womans brother came over and offered to change my tire for me. Let me interject here that, if you know me, you know I would've done it myself but 1) I was dressed nice and b) I was a little emotionally distressed and 3) someone else offered to do it. Here I'll admit that I did have a bit of a break down. We've been having some financial setbacks and just when it seemed the Lord had provided some relief the money was getting sucked into tires (we had to buy 1 the day before).
After I talked to my husband, I praying handswhile this kind man was changing my tire. He finished and Rhonda and I headed over to the tire store. They tried to tell me that I drove on the tire while it was flat from the time they fixed it the day before and when I brought it to them. Hmmm sounds...um...like you didn't fix it?
Do you know what happened? I got a free 14" basket weave w/ new falken tire. I can't tell you who messed up and I'm sure they're trying to point fingers. But you know what? The Lord takes care of His own.
When it was clear I was getting a new tire. Free. I looked at Rhonda and said, "Romans 8:28".
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

While it is wonderful when the Lord blesses us in ways such as this, it is even more wonderful when we recognize it. What a great post!