When my sweetheart and I were spending our time at Sea World I kept thinking, "ahh, nothing like summer to bring sunburned noses and crowded shows to Sea World."
But, if memory serves me right, which it has failed many times to do, Saturday was the first day of summer.
With that in mind I would like to reveal to you that Saturday our high was 120! My husband did take a pic of that but I didn't want anyone here to have a premature coronary attack. Of course if you are from the desert or are familiar with "dry heat" then you have heard or maybe even been guilty of saying, *insert high pitched mocking tone* "it's a dry heat and after 100 it all feels the same."
Umm, excuse me, I feel it. I felt every degree between 100 and 120 and when it got to 120 it felt all of 180! I tried to get my mom, who's up in the NW clearly suffering with 57 degrees, to take some but we just couldn't seem to swing it.
All that said, the girls and I are seriously fighting hard not to murmur but I've been hearing dissension rumors in the ranks if a portion of that surplus of unexpected money, a.k.a. government stimulus check, isn't used to get a pool.
If I ever have to move to a place that doesn't get above 80 in the summer I will be the only person wearing sweaters and complaining about how chilly it is.
On the other hand, I already have my awesome summer tan!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
All I have to say is, "AMEN!"
My heart is bleeding for you;-)
Love You!
Girl...I SOOO remember opening the door (while in 29) and feeling like my eyeballs were being *fried*...an OVEN. It is sweltering hot here in Oki today...but is totally different from the CaPizzaoven we lived in. Whew..hang in there!
Post a Comment