Monday, September 17, 2007

My brother who is 2 yrs. younger than me and I have always been close. He has been over to that large sandbox on the other side of the world in the United States Army defending our freedom. He has been to Korea for a year in the United States Army. He is now back in Iraq defending our freedom. Whenever I see news about what is happening in Iraq I cringe. Not only for my brother and my family but for all of the family's that are proud to have their soldier there or even more so...proudly Americans! I read some more news about more happenings in the middle east and, stupid me, I went to the message boards to see what people were saying. My husband said, "you know you shouldn't do that". *sigh* yes, I know! But I did it and yes, I got ticked. I realized that all of the people who read that particular story for more information were not there to post their big mouthed opinion and get into a hot blog debate on a message board. I wasn't and "most" of the time "we're" not. So instead of posting there and getting into some hot, going nowhere blog debate. I decided to log my thoughts here. Problem is...I can't! My brother is working and I really really appreciate the sacrifice he and his family make each and every day for my freedom. See, he and many brave others have counted the cost and decided that the sacrifice is worth it. I cry and PRAY fervently every day for him and others who are making comendable sacrifices that this American family does not take lightly!

1 comment:

mommaz said...

I commend you for your wisdom. DO NOT GET IN ANY HEATED DEBATE OVER WHAT YOUR BROTHER AND OTHER PROUD DEFENDERS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are doing!
Continue to pray, and ask others to pray for their safety and well- being daily.
I can feel your frustration, just remember our God is a mighty God! PSALM 138:3 & 7