I learned 2 (count 'em 2!) very valuable lessons today. Of course they were intertwined with eachother but they were separate lessons.
I was at my desk this morning working on projects that need to be done by the time I am in WA (more about that later) and husband is on the bed playing with 3 of the 4 girls.
He is tickling them, telling me how they're like musical instruments...they're quiet and then as soon as he presses his hands on their sides they let out noise (I guess that's what instruments sound like when he pushes the keys). Hee Hee!
No one really knows what the baby is up to but we are sure she's in the vicinity of the room so we're really not concerned. I then hear her crying and tear out of my seat to get to her. I find her in my bathroom. Empty pot of eyeliner shadow in one hand. Black hands. Black face. Sure, this shouldn't be such a big deal. But this makeup isn't the cheapest makeup and of course it seems more expensive when money is tight.Well, she's not crying because she's got the makeup in hand though, she's crying because she's dropped the lid and my floor is also BLACK!!! Between the two of us I hope black floors in the bathroom are in style when and if we ever decide to sell this house. These (the makeup) are minerals. And, how do you think minerals do on off white UNSEALED grout? The baby wanted me to take her from her perch and tell her all was ok but I had to have a rag (washcloth) to wipe her hands first. Then daddy would take her and wash her tummy and face off, while I knelt on the floor spewing things like, "I wish I had never let myself be talked out of sealing my grout!" Because y'know it's always easier to blame someone else.
So the 2 lessons I learned today:
1. If I'm going to wear expensive makeup it's probably a good idea to have the drawer child proofed.
2. "If we don't close the door one of the kids could come in and try to stick their hand in the water. That's what they do!" That's what my husband said to me. I was so upset about the mess and it got SOOOO much worse when I tried to clean it up so he reminded me of the time he got the blood (from a bloody nosed child) out of the girls grout in their bathroom and offered to take care of it in mine. I accepted and left. When he was through scrubbing and the smell of bleach was enough to sterilize oh, I don't know, a hospital maybe, he closed the door because "if we don't...one of the kids could come in and try to stick their hand in the water!" Funny guy!
When it happened I told hubby I would need a new pot of liner because it is an essential! "I mean it," I said! "I wear it everyday." Can you picture the "I know" answer? He did take me to Ulta tonight and bought me more liner and I bought the new Platinum kit because wouldn't you know it, I had a 20% off coupon and this is the only time in the entire year it can be used on prestige makeup and fragrances! Well, maybe that spill was a blessing in disguise. *grin*
Monday, November 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment