Yes, we've been in WA now for 6 days. Yes, we're still cold. If anyone back home happens to read this, yes, we're DEFINITELY coming home. We are too cold! We (Matt and I) watched the news last night, heard snow mentioned a couple 5 times and looked at eachother long enough to convey the message that we are in agreement about the dislike of hearing that small mention! HeeHee
We are, however, immensely enjoying ourselves. We've already been able to see and spend some time with both our families and have some fun.
Friday my parents renewed their vows! They had a really great ceremony. My mom and dad were married in a courthouse 20 years ago and this was more like a wedding complete with the same witnesses that stood with them that many years ago. Dad serenaded mom with 2 songs and every one of us 9 kids was there. We had so much fun. It was like a reunion for some of us. I haven't seen some of the people there since my own wedding...and longer.
Then Saturday we celebrated my in laws 40th anniversary! My sister in law did a fabulous job putting EVERYTHING together. She has pics right here. It was a lot of fun honoring them and their Godly marriage. Again a reunion of sorts and again lots of pics.
I just want to say that it is the biggest blessing to have wonderful Godly parents on both sides of the family. We have liberty to feel at ease when our kids can stay with their grandparents because of the Christ honoring lifestyle that's been pre-established in their homes. We love our parents and appreciate the marriages and homes they have for us to glean from.
That's the update in a nutshell. Yesterday, Sunday, was the kickoff of the Family Conference and in my humble opinion the singing, testimonies, and especially the preaching were fantastic!! I really liked the second testimony (that's cuz i got to show off 2 of my kiddies)! Kidding aside. The preaching was wonderful yesterday. The Lord really used the messages to speak to peoples hearts and the altar was filled after both services. To God be the glory! We love His ministry.
Out of the mouth of Ciarra: "Mom, is it still night time?" "No, honey, it's actually only 10:30 in the morning, the sun just doesn't shine in WA cuz the clouds are covering it." Questioned by a true California girl! *grin*
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are so right...isn't it such a blessing to have Godly parents (and grandparents for our children)?!!! Glad you are enjoying your family.
Sileena-
I know you do not know us, but Matt does. We are Roy and Shari Funkhouser. He will know who we are. I have been reading your blog for some time and haven't even introduced myself. I have a blog I just started. Please tell Matt hello and your family is beautiful. We have all boys! We live in Oregon now, not Washington. Matt's dad married us 12 years ago at BBC.
Shari
Post a Comment