Well, I don't know if I've talked much about leaving on this here Washington trip. But, yes, we are in Washington! I don't have any pics to post...I take that back, I have pics but they're not on my husbands laptop. I may get to do that before we leave who knows? Right now I have the laptop on, who'dathunk, my lap...keeping me warm...because I AM SOOOO COLD!!!! We had to wonder last night if we will ever be warm on this here trip.
We originally made the plans to be here because Matt is preaching a family conference at his dad's church, then both our parents celebrated significant anniversaries this year and their celebrations are the 16th and 17th. Also, Matt will be preaching at my home church and his youth director's (from days-gone-by) church. We will be splitting Thanksgiving for the first time ever! Been married 8 1/2 years and never had to split a holiday, literally. Of course there will be shopping on black Friday and we will be going back with Christmas gifts from my family! Oh, and my brother is in town! That's wonderful news. He made it on Monday. Whew! This itinerary makes me weary. I've been taking pics so those will get posted sooner or later.
As an aside, we made it in time for dinner last night and it was Wonderful! If you've never had Papa Murphy's you're totally missin out! The Knoufs were there and WE ALL LOVED IT! Everyone looks wonderful and out of all those 12 kids not one was sick! That is significant y'all. Husband got a haircut thanks to his big sister and I got to cuddle my adorable niece (insert pic). *cheesy grin* We also got to hug grandma and grandpa, mom, and dad, mother and father in law (the same 2 people), and uncle Steven.
The 21 hr. drive was not bad at all! The whole time I was thanking the Lord for our girls. They were wonderful. We only had to make one emergency potty break and I brought the potty training chair in case of such emergency so it was soooo easy to handle. Afterwards my husband was actually praising his wife's foresight.
LOL!! My baby just brought her jacket to me to put on inside the house!
This post is way longer than I intended it to be I really just wanted you to know we made it safely and uneventfully. Praise the Lord and now the work begins!
First order of business: socks, hats, gloves and blankets for all!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:)Enjoy your trip! Mind if I link your blog??
see even when your on vacation you have time to blog!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I am jealous!
Post a Comment