Have you ever seen Popular Mechanics for Kids? The kids like getting these movies at the library because they have some really neat science facts. Well since we got back from WA I've noticed that Ciarra has not had her pillow on her bed. Tonight when I went in I asked her why she keeps tossing her pillow on the floor. When I threw it up onto her bed she jumped like it contained the plague. She looked at me and said, "mom, it's cuz one time we watched Pop. Mech. For Kids and they said your pillows have bugs on them that have these pincers that stick into your head while you sleep." Do you have any idea how much self control I had to practice to keep from laughing out loud? But I didn't. I calmly explained to my daughter that we do not have bugs on our clothes, food, dog, or person. I explained that their bedding is washed regularly as well as their bodies. I was careful to remind her that daddy has been in dirty houses where bugs and rats roam and its very important to us to maintain a clean home. I also pointed out that it's a poor testimony and not very good stewardship not to take care of our house and our body. I think I got the point across to her that it was ok to lay her head on her pillow because she finally laid back on it. Only to rise again and tell me "you know the biggest reason we don't have bugs in our house mommy? It's cuz I pray every night that God will protect us from bugs." "Yep," I said, "if you're really trusting the Lord to answer your request every night, He will," and that's the biggest reason! Oh, to have child like faith. I love it!
Just so you know, I am well aware of all the microscopic parasites that inhabit sheets and what not but come on, I was not about to go there! What a bedtime story that would've been.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Funny! Lol! Love you little girl!
I forgot to tell you what she said last week when she was over. She says to Noah, "Noah you make me want to pull my hair out!" ~grin~ I'm not sure where she learned that expression?
Post a Comment