Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Created to be his...Cheerleader

This one's for all the wives!
Yep, we were created to be his help meet. Which essentially is being up to the task(s) that God has called him to accomplish. It's my job to complement my husband! To be the flava. :-) 'Cuz if I'm not there someone else will be willing to step up to the job, guaranteed.
In all seriousness, it's our job to cheer him on. I'm not saying get the pom poms out of the attic *ha* although the way I am I don't think anyone in our family would be too surprised if I did. I'm talking about when it's late at night and he's working on a project outside and you've just gotten the kids to bed and you are desperately thinking about the chick flick you can't wait to pop into the DVD player or the book you can't wait to finish but instead you put your slippers on and go outside with a nice hot cup o' joe and cheer him on. Like, "way to go babe, look how much you've done! You're so good at digging those holes." You think I'm joking! I know it sounds funny but really what's going to motivate him more? The kids jumping on him while he digs and then him eating a cold meal only to go out and dig some more and then you hanging out in the nice warm house while he continues or you joining him and cheering him on?!
Nothing wrong with a standing ovation when he walks into the room or making his favorite snack even though it takes alot of extra work. I know you're busy. I totally understand that but this is worth it.
I see cheerleaders dressed in next to nothing during football season (implies COLD) for the sake of cheering on men who aren't their husbands so they will win a game! I know that football is important to alot of you and I'm SURE you're very thankful for those little cheerleaders who spur those men on to greatness. I AM NOT SAYING GET OUT THERE IN YOUR SKIMPY NEXT TO NOTHINS, for all the neighbors to see. *LOL*.
When we were in college I kept an album full of notes my husband had written to me (cuz y'know that's when they write love notes - when you're dating). One day I was looking through the album and I found a note from him that said he couldn't believe I had that album full of those notes and how special he felt because of it. He didn't know I had that but one day he had to work in our dorm because he worked in maintenance on campus, and he checked out some of the stuff on my desk. That meant alot to him. Know what I find in my drawers randomly? Love notes. Know what he finds in his Bible and computer randomly? Love notes from me.
It's not too late to start being his very own extra special cheerleader.
And if you have little girls don't forget to teach them to be their daddy's cheerleaders so one day they'll know how to cheer their hubby's on. *wink*

1 comment:

Shari said...

Love, love, love this post. Amen!

Shari