Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Starting off with a BANG

First off, let me tell you we are in hot water AGAIN and it feels soooo good! Today my father in law and my brother in law went L___'s that home supply store and bought a hot water heater and then my brother in law, who is a professional plumber, installed it and voila! 3 hours later - I have hot water again!
Tonight after burning some things I didn't like the way my hair smelled (I mean maybe some women like smelling smoke in their hair but uh uh, not me) so...yes, I got in to my nice hot shower.
I was, ahhh, enjoying the aforementioned hot shower and my phone started ringing. Since my daughter was in the bathroom talking to me I asked her to answert the phone. It was her daddy. She saw his picture. "Hello. They're getting arrested." "What?!!!!" I screeched in that high shrill voice as the panic began to consume me and thoughts like "they can't be getting arrested I just washed my makeup off and I'd have to bring the three girls down by myself with wet hair" literally washed over me! I wondered why in the world they would be getting arrested. "What could 2 of the most law abiding people I know have done to be getting arrested?" She smiles and says 2 more times, "they're getting arrested." I look at my daughter and start thinking maybe her dad in a sick twisted way is laughing on the other end so I take the phone.
"What?!" I asked still in the shrill voice beacuse as much as I'd really like to think he's joking, I'm afraid he's not. "We're getting arrested. We're over here in front of the house (he went to his aunt's with his mom) and when she didn't answer we started walking around banging on the doors and windows and mom was calling for her (because she was by herself and something could've happened to her). When we got back in the truck a patrol car pulled up and as we backed out the spotlights came on and 4 or 5 more cars pulled up and blocked us in." "Oh, so you're not getting arrested?" "They have our I.D's and they're showing 'em to Aunt _____." He had his earpiece in and the officer didn't know I was on the phone so I heard him tell my husband "here you go Mr. N____, sorry to scare you like that but when we got the call for a burglary in progress and then I pulled up and saw you pulling away I thought Oh, no, I don't think so." My husband says, "Oh, that's ok, I think my daughter's a little shaken up though." My daughter? Oh yeah, that's when I remembered to remember that my little 7 year old was in the truck with them because she wanted to see her aunt! To say that she was a little shaken up was probably a huge understatement!
Well, the funny thing in all this is that while I was in the shower I was actually thinking of the blog that would be written about the wonderful hot water I was in. HA!!! I laugh now at the thought. Thank the Lord I had a little down time right now to write about their little adventure and hey, my daughter has a story to share with her cousins. *grin*
Happy 2008!

2 comments:

Mishel said...

This sounds like something that would happen to my husband!

Happy New Year! : )

Pamela said...

Boy, you are right on it! :-)