Monday, December 31, 2007

Of course... A Time of Reflection

Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. Psalm 145:3

Naturally, with it being the last day of 2007, I have been reflecting on this year. When I do, the thing that sticks out to me the most is His incredible faithfulness to me! Me?! Who am I to be able to say that God has been faithful to me? Yet, over and over He's been just that to me. It's funny that in reflecting on this last year, just as people do in times of trouble, the spotlight seems to illuminate all of the good. When I think hard I remember some very difficult times this year, but more than that I remember the blessings that have come from those hard times. He has been SO faithful!

This year the Lord provided a way for Matt and I to buy our first home. Throughout the process we prayed that when all was said and done everyone would look back and be able to say that only God could do that!


This year, we've been able to pay our van payments every month, we've been able to keep our family clothed. Not in rags but in very nice dresses and such. We've been able to take a 2 week trip to WA this year, including spending Thanksgiving with both of our families. Matt was blessed to be able to go to Pastor's school in March and I was blessed with the opportunity to go to Spectacular in Oct. The Lord has kept very good food on our table this year, He's given us our great dog, He kept us safe from terrible sicknesses and even protected Matt from being hit by a hit and run driver, He gave us our washer through the giving of His people and (would you believe it!)tonight at church, on the very last day of the year, the church gave to get us a hot water heater because ours hasn't worked since we got home from WA. My cup truly overflows!!!(and obviously I've had a lot to say about it :-)

As I sit here, I think about the friendships we've enjoyed this year and the awesome opportunities He's given us in the ministry this year!!

2007 has been an amazing year and it's only been by God's tender mercy and unending grace.

The most wonderful things is that we don't have any kind of special monopoly on His faithfulness! 25 years ago Matt accepted Jesus Christ as his Saviour and 14 years ago I accepted his free gift! This has given us special access through the years to His throne of grace. This grace cannot be tapped out and, hallelujah, it doesn't end just because 2007 does.

I am sitting here watching the end of my favorite Christmas movie, It's a Wonderful Life. It's the end. George Bailey is so happy to be alive! I have tears, I always do. It truly is a wonderful life!


I thank the Lord for everything I've experienced in 2007 and look forward to His unending faithfulness in 2008!


1 comment:

Pamela said...

Well, I am going to be like YOU and Grandpa, "where is the part about your wonderful niece being born?" ~grin~