For those of us fortunate enough to live in this area of Southern California you are familiar with the white 4-fold mailer that comes annually with your first middle and last name printed. It looks very "official". You know what I'm speaking of? Right there on the front side where your name is there's a date about 3 weeks away. Mm hmm, that would be the date they've chosen for you to report. Yes, it's your jury summons. Please, hold your hurrahs in. No, no don't get carried away with the thrill of the thought.
Last year, I landed myself as juror #11 in a murder for hire trial. It was long. It was hard. It was an experience. It was a year ago.
So, I have watched the mail for my white 4-fold mailer and it has not come. Aw shucks! I was looking forward to the reunion we'd have! Ha!
Y'know when husband was on the jury for an insurance dispute he was summoned the following year but come to think of it, someone mentioned that they thought if you sit on the jury of a criminal trial you get excused the follwing year! Well, looks like I struck gold and got a year off! Yay, have a nice day!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment