Sunday, January 6, 2008

A sight rarely seen in this here desert

To be sure we are having some weather around here that, while it's characteristic for this time of year, is foreign to the desert. We're getting our annual amount of rainfall as I type and this is the best kind of weather for incubating when you just need a day off. It forces you to stop pruning those bushes and raking those leaves (yep, it's true) and just enjoy the sights and sounds rarely seen. The best part, and the reason for showing you these pics is that in a coupla days it will be absolutely gorgeous around here!!!

Since some of you are having more of this unfavorable weather than I, maybe you can help me with this?

I'm sure you're familiar with this sticky pink stuff that the baby smashed into the fibers of my new carpet? If not, let me introduce you, this is FLARP! Now that you've met can you offer me any solution for how to get this stuff (affectionately called gooey by it's former owner) out of my carpet? The majority of it is in the trash can but there's still a dark pink mess. Oh, and it's hardened and dried.

2 comments:

Shari said...

LOL-Good 'ol Flarp! I am sorry I can't give you any quality tips on how to get it out of your carpet. However, I do have dried Flarp hanging from my ceiling fan (in the vaulted part that's 12 ft high). So there it sits with no brave soul to fetch it!

Shari

Anonymous said...

Flarp is an amazing thing once you get to know it! Don't rid yourself of the mess, embrace it, be one with it. By the way, you people, los nolanites, are extremely weird... however, not as weird as us sanchizzleites.... I'm working on that one so bare with me por favor. Miss you []D eople, take care.