Saturday, January 26, 2008

What would you call this post?

Last night in my rather tired state I did not elaborate on the whole daughter-peed-in-my-bed story and it's a good thing I didn't because it would've taken away from the following story.
This morning I felt the need to inform my husband that my 2 younger daughters are exactly like their mother. When they're hungry they're irritable and when they're tired they're intolerable! I really only said this to lure him in. So I could share our night with him because apparently he was sleeping through it.
Yesterday, Grace took her nap in my bed on daddy's side and she peed (this is an ongoing issue). She woke from her nap right before we had to get her ready to go for the youth meeting so we didn't have time to deal with the bedding as we were running out the door. About an hour after getting home and having put the kids into bed daddy decided to go in and remove the bedding. Without all the hairy details, we do not have another sheet set for our bed so when its getting washed it needs to be done that day! Very important.
As I was typing last night he was putting the bedding into the washer. One of the benefits of a push button operating washer. I "kindly" informed him that the washer takes 40 mins and the dryer 30. We'd have to run 2 30 min. dryer cycles. Remember what I said about the tiredness earlier and yesterday? Yes you've probably guessed how kindly I informed him of those times!
Nevertheless he contined because "I don't exactly want to sleep in pee! Just cuz it's not on your side of the bed you're ok with it." Umm, yeah
Long story short I fell asleep on the couch which I am not accustomed to doing and I woke at 4 to turn off the t.v.'s blue light. That little action set the ball in motion. My husband has a radar that was triggered and he *jumped* out of his recliner. I had gone back to the couch to go back to sleep. He went to the garage to move the laundry over. In my haze I tried telling him it was in vain. Something about what's the point, we're not putting the stuff back on the bed when it's finished! He told me "please don't get frustrated." Oh, the loving things we say when we're asleep.
I was having trouble sleeping on the couch and went to bed. I wrapped myself like a burrito in my blanket and fell asleep. A little while later my sweetheart was turning on lights and moving around doing I don't even know what. He came into the bedroom and was turning on the bathroom light moving around. He came to the bed and I "promise" he *dumped* something on the bed. Then he flopped on the bed and started, what seemed to me in the darkness, *scooting* around. The "scooting" kept me up long enough to revert to the irritability and I started my own flopping and huffing!
Trust me when the baby was brought to the bed a couple of hours later I was "not a happy camper".
When I was finished sharing this fascinating story my husband was cracking up! this was hilarious to him! In the midst of his laughter he told me, "this is why you write good blogs, you go on and on about things." As I prepared to throw a pillow at him I asked, "you don't remember any of this?" Ha! nope!

4 comments:

Shari said...

Sileena--you crack me up. I wish I had the wit you do to put on my blog. Oh, the things I have to learn.

Toodle loo,

Shari

Mishel said...

I don't know what I'd call this post, but besides the peeing in the bed part (only because Zach is 17 and it would be VERY scary if he peed in *any* bed! LOL)--I can so relate to the whole one-set-of-sheets issue AND falling asleep while waiting for them to finish in the dryer. We have the same washer/dryer as you do and while I love them, it is a bummer how long the loads take.

Anyway...you crack me up, girl! : )

Anonymous said...

How cute:)

Heather said...

I am sooo laughing...I was totally cracking up at the *scooting* around part...why does this story remind me of my husband..still laughing. Hahahaha