Tuesday, February 5, 2008

That was totally premature

Last night when I was posting, my list of posts said I had 99 posts so naturally I concluded I was posting #100! Not so. I did the math today and I'm only on 98! I am not yet at 100 which doesn't really make yesternights post any less amazing.
Anyways, glad I got that off my chest!
On a much better note, today we had our second installment of the ladies prayer breakfast. My whole vision when we started this was for the ladies to have a time when we come together for more intimate prayers. I shared with the ladies that I wanted us to a)keep the requests to personal requests (i.e. things that affect us persoanlly) and b)promise to diligently pray for each other's request(s) instead of using them as topics of discussion.
The first meeting was very touching and it was really wonderful to see that some of the ladies were genuinely hurting and thankful for this closeness.
So today right off the bat I shared my GREATBIGHUGE blessing (which we all prayed about last time) and that was a great kickoff! We all shared our requests and then, as before, we prayed. Openly. In a restaurant. During a very busy time. It was sooo wonderful and I was overwhelmed by the freedom we have to do that. Afterwards we were seeing some immediate (as in within hours)answers to prayer and because of this being collective prayer...we collectively got excited about it!
I am so thankful the Lord has built up this bond and allowed us to yoke up together and bear one anothers burdens to be able to share the goodness of the Lord with each other.
Now if that don't make you wanna praise the Lord, maybe your blessers broke!

No comments: