Monday, March 3, 2008

Book Review

Y'all know I don't normally use this blog to write a book review, however, I have just finished a series of 5 books over the last 2 months and I wanted to get my 2 cents in. Since that's about all I have to say.
These books by Beverly Lewis were easy reads and also very informative about the Amish culture. I waited until I had finished reading them to say anything because they were not recommended to me and I wasn't sure what I'd be reading. I also am very careful about what I recommend to the ladies of our church. However I was pleasantly surprised. For those born again you will be pleased and for those who enjoy a light fiction romance with a bit of mischief this is for you. If you prefer your mysteries or westerns don't even go there. I can't say that I recommend this author as a whole since this was a first time exposure but I was impressed enough to check out more. So go to your public library and grab yourself a couple of Abram's daughters and start out on some wholesome reading.

1 comment:

Mishel said...

Ashleigh and I love Beverly Lewis books. I think Ash has read all of her books, from all of her series. I am not a big fan of fiction, but I really enjoy Beverly Lewis. In fact, I have one of her husband's books right here next to me: "Saving Alice" by David Lewis. : )