2John 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
While my 4 year old daughter and I drove home the sun was shining in her eyes and try as she might she just couldn't get tall enough to get that sunshine out of her eyes. We talked about the sun being in her eyes and about the fact that God made the sun for a while and then we sat quietly each in our own thoughts. We were holding hands and she looked over at me with a look of sadness. I didn't want to push her as I could tell that her tender little heart was dwelling on something. Finally she opened her mouth and with understanding beyond her years she said, "mommy was God making the sun when they were beating Him up?" I don't really know where that came from but I saw such tenderness in my daughter and I told her, "no, God made the sun first, then he made people and the same people He made were eventually the same people who beat up His Son." I know she understood. My litte girl looked out the window and let go of my hand to wipe her eye. I watched her out of the corner of my own eye careful to let her ponder things in her heart. Then she said, "it's sad, huh, mommy, that He was beat up with rocks just so we would get saved so we could go to heaven? They hurt Him mommy." "Yes," I told her, "they did hurt Him, and it hurts Him all over again when people don't want to get saved."
This one thing I know. Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
With understanding like that, what more is there to say!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW, isnt great how children make you think! She is so sweet and sensitive. Please ask her to continue to pray for Frank. Graduation is next Wed. we are praying that the Lord will open the door for Frank to work before he takes all his tests. Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment