Thursday, May 1, 2008

The blessings are falling tonight

You may recall that a little while back I shared with you what my 8 year old's most recent answer to prayer looks like.
I will now share with you what one of mine looks like:

I had been scouring garage sales on Saturday's after soul winning and checking local listings for anyone who had a bread maker for two reasons. When I was young-er my mom and her friends from church would get together and have these HUGE dough making parties (like in 10 gal. buckets taking up the kitchen). I know now that it was a prudent and frugal way of having bread in the house with our ever expanding family and I now totally appreciate and admire that. Also, I had a breadman before we went on the road and had to sell it because of it's bulkiness and my complete lack of storage space. But we always enjoyed our fresh bread. So Monday night I got a phone call from a very sweet lady at church telling me she had a bread maker for me because she had to get a new one. Don't even think I wasn't totally thrilled. Then, not only did she give me the machine but she also gave me enough ingredients AND let me borrow her recipe book so I had what I needed to make the first 2 loaves! So, yes, in the 3 days since we've had it, we've had 2 different loaves and the 3rd (cinnamon -raisin, cranberry - banana) is making right now!
Then today the Lord saw fit to bless us through some very dear friends with some much needed money and encouragement! After I sat and diligently made my grocery list and organized my coupons, little Gracie and I went forth to shop! So what else looks like an answer to prayer right now is this:

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

While on our way home I thanked the Lord for supplying the money to get all the groceries for our family and Grace says, "mommy did you just pray?" I said, "yes, I was thanking the Lord." She says, in shock, "you closed your eyes while you were driving?" I laughed and the conversation that ensued with my sweet little 4 year old was priceless. She asked me if He was happy I thanked Him and then if He was happy we were talking about Him! Don't think my heart wasn't swelling up being able to share this very special eye opener with her.

4 comments:

mommaz said...

YEAHHHHH, and ALL PRAISES TO THE LORD FOR HIS GOODNESS AND MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER!!!!
I love you all so much, I too have bowed my head and thanked our Lord for providing for your family.
love you all to pieces....momma z

Rhonda said...

I love how the Lord shows us he loves us!

Pamela said...

Praise The Lord, He is so Good!!!!
Love You All!!!

Tiffany said...

There is nothing like the smell and taste of fresh bread! My mom and aunt make fresh bread in a bread maker and yummy!! I love when my mom makes wheat or white bread and then makes french toast with it, that is the BEST!!!! :)