Saturday, May 31, 2008

There's been some hard work goin on around here

On Wednesday night I asked my sweetheart if he would move the lemon tree to a different spot in the yard.

I did some thinking ahead and determined, on the very scientific method of observing how HUGE my neighbors tree got, that I don't want the tree in the very front because it will eventually block my gorgeous view.

While I would've liked to dig up the palm tree in the front yard and give it away so that the lemon tree could go there, he reminded me that trees as tall as 2 story houses can't really just be "dug up". I beg to differ and I think my dad would to but...I digress.

He laughed and asked why the tree couldn't stay in it's spot.

Well, hmmm, I don't like it there. It's growing into the neighbors yard AND the branches appear to be moving up underneath the roof tiles (another scientific observation) and (not really).

NOW, if you know me (and he does) then you know I have a strict 2 second rule. That's what he calls the amount of time he has between the time I lay out an order suggest something until I go ahead and do it myself if there is no immediate action.

I realize this is a HUGE flaw.

However, since I didn't perceive that moving that tree was within my physical ability realm and since the wheelbarrow wheel won't hold air I sweetly (very important to note) told him this time there would be 24 hrs. before I'd be out there doing my best to kill myself move the tree myself.

Wouldn't'cha know it, the very next day while I was out running errands I got a call asking where I'd finally decided I'd like the tree.
It's former location. There's no hole because it was still in the bucket from the previous owners!


Yeah, so it was kinda big! *yikes*
While we're on it, please tell me I'm not the only one with the "2 second rule"?

4 comments:

Shari said...

Ummmm....I digress....hmmmm....I think I may have a 2.2 second rule! Just kidding. I struggle with that too.

dean said...

I know a sweet woman named Trudy that shares this same trait. It has been driving us crazy for the last 36 years. It is a character flaw that can be overlooked but has caused many a deep sigh.

mama2drama said...

Dean...
Thanks, I totally got it!!

Tiffany said...

I have to admit I am the same way. I am leaning to be patient. I just get very oh whats the word excited!?! when I get an idea of where I want something and then want it there asap. Im sure glad he loves me no matter what! :)