Friday, May 30, 2008

Stories of yore

I remember when I was a kid, my dad telling me how he had to hike to school in 2 feet of snow, of course it was uphill both ways and in a family of 15 kids and him being one of the younger ones, you bet his shoes were hand me downs.
And I believed him.
Because he grew up in Iowa!
Of course I laughed.
It's only fitting that I now share with my daughters that when I was growing up my dad would tie a string around my tooth and tie the other end around a doorknob and slam the door to get the tooth out.
True story.
And they believe me cuz they know their papa.
Of course they laugh.
However, I think Kaylyn will be telling her kids quite a different story.
In this family your first tooth gets you $5 after that you get 25 cents per tooth.
And mom keeps em.
So when she lost one on Monday night eating a hot dog and another Tuesday night eating an ice cream sandwich she asked "how many do I have to lose til I can buy Polly Pockets?" Clearly she's suffering.


She's pretty upset that she's not supposed to lose the new teeth that are coming in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A CHUNK HAM!!!

mommaz said...

you're so cute Kaylyn - even without your 2 front teeth!!! I love you lots. Nana