On Sunday night on our way to church I got a phone call asking if we'd like a new mattress. She said if we were interested, the bed in new, a Cal. King and free.
Of course I had to think about it for .23 seconds before I asked if she was sure they wanted to give it away.
Basically I was told, our piano player's sister in law didn't want to use the bed because she said it's too big and too hard.
I told her yes, yes, yes. Actually I was elated because I've been praying for a new mattress set for our bed this year. Honestly, when I started praying for it 6 months ago, I figured the Lord would give us the money for it. Not that He would just go ahead and give us the set. But, y'know, He's God and He has His own plans. Which is totally ok with me.
The best part was after church one of the men mentioned to me (so I'd pass it on to my husband) that he would need some help moving some furniture for a family who rides the "bus" to church.
Which, coincidentally perfectly worked out with us needing to pick up the/our mattress.
My sweetheart and I ended up getting to go with this sweet couple to move furniture. What great fellowship we had. We laughed so hard about so many things and made some great memories. Especially during the drive home while the box spring "lifted" in the wind.
When we went to pick up the mattress Matt asked if I saw the pillowtop...I shrugged because I remembered being told it was too hard. Well, not exactly. It's really a pillowtop. We've wanted one of these since we were first married.
I love it that the Lord didn't just answer my prayers for a new bed. He knew I'd want a pillowtop and gave us exactly that.
Who says He doesn't know our thoughts?


4 comments:
That is soooooo cool PTL!!!!
WHAT a blessing! Have I mentioned that you are just the sweetest? You are :)
That is so awesome! We had the same thing happen to us. Roy wanted a Sleep Number bed and a friend of ours in Washington gave us one is King size because they didn't like it! :)
We just got a pillow top about 1 year ago maybe not even that long ago anyways.... the best sleep I have ever had!!!!!
Post a Comment