That's how long it took and my trick for still having live children when I got to WA.
Not true, of course, about the Nyquil but I can't tell you how thankful I am for built in DVD players in the car! The baby isn't much of a movie watcher, which made the trip unpleasant at times, but for the most part they were really good.
If my parents lived in Wilsonville OR I would've been with them on Tuesday but...not happening...and on Wed it was all I could do to load up one more time and drive to the perpetual question, "how much longer is it mommy?" After a while I took to saying a long time because any time number was met with crying. Didn't matter if it was 5 mins or 5 hours.
It's cold which makes me think of posts-gone-by, and I've had to purchase winter clothes. Imagine trying to explain to the cute little 16 year old behind the counter on her summer break that you're looking for winter clothes in the middle of "summer" because where you came from it doesn't get below 90 at night. To which she shrugs her shoulders and tells me to try g@p!
Trust me, it's even harder begging my dad to start a fire or turn the heater on so the house will be above 68!
Clearly we've subjected ourselves to a form of torture.
I kid of course.
Last night I was up past 1 playing Spoons with 11 other people! 9 of whom were almost half my age and the other "old lady" was my cute lil s-i-l who's still in her MID 20's!! The kids are having so much fun and with all these teenage girls around they're quickly forming attachments and new friends.
As soon as I get my laptop hooked up I'll be able to post pics and very soon I'll post the skydive story...don't worry that story isn't going anywhere. It's forever ingrained in my head.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Spoons is such a fun game!! Especially when you are playing with a lot of people and it gets so intense that people are flying over the table landing on others and you get the cops called on you! Thats right fun, fun, fun!
This reminded me of driving with Merritt and Troy up to Redbluff, CA. We drove staight through....12 hours. I don't know what we would have done without the DVD player, for sure! : )
Have fun!
yoo hoo! where are you? you OK?
I hope you come back soon! I sure do miss you! :)
Post a Comment