Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Of grey skies and cold weather

Now that you've had more than a month to let that last blog soak in and I'm absolutely positive that no one looks at this blog anymore, I am finally sitting down to tell you what in the world is going on with us.
First off, Matt got a job for a great company in South Seattle. He's been there since Oct. 30 and he's been enjoying it so far.
I also got a job. I wasn't really looking for a career, more just something to help us catch up and maybe get ahead a bit. But on black friday my discount was awesome, so I'm not complaining.
We are still living with family which isn't the easiest arrangement in the world but we're very thankful for family to live with.
The girls are adjusting fabulously to the cold weather the rain doesn't bother me much except when it messes up my hair. That's definitely been something to get used to.
My birthday was more than a month ago and this year was a big one!
The day before, Matt told me he wanted to take me out at 3:00p.m on my birthday and I thought that was a bit strange.
When I asked what we would be doing he just said he wanted to take me to eat and out for a while. OK that's cool. Except that we weren't bringing the kids (that seemed weird to me because it was my bday and not a date) and second he wanted us to go 1.5 hrs away for it. I thought it was because there was a special place there but on the way he asked where I'd like to eat. He was getting alot of texts in the car and I offered to answer them for him since he was driving. He said no. I also thought about asking him what he was doing but I knew he wouldn't lie to me so I didn't do that.
I actually thought his family was going to meet up with us since we were staying with my parents and that's 2 1/2 hrs. away. I could not figure out why we had to go so far south.
My mil told me we weren't going to be able to do a dinner for a while because of schedule conflicts and my parents had told me we couldn't do a dinner because they had a meeting for work that night. Doesn't that seem a bit suspicious?
When we finished up without incident I was really baffled and trying to guess why we'd driven so far south. I actually started imagining that my parents and bros and sisters were planning something at their place and that was why my kids had to stay behind. :)
When we had been on the freeway about 5 mins. my friend called to say happy birthday and ask what I was doing. I told her we were actually just right down by her house and were heading back up north. She suggested I come by and Matt was all too eager to go back (not like him but I thought maybe he was trying to make up for the lousy day lol). While on our way to Christy's Matt said we had about 15 mins to hang out so it wasn't like a hi-bye thing. Then in her driveway he told me we needed to hurry and I should just go up by myself.
I dragged him up with me and everything in the house looked great! Christy had just moved in 2 weeks prior.
When we turned the corner into the living room I could see my sister in law Pam, some of my nieces and nephews and I kept walking until the room was in full view. SURPRISE! It was great!
Some of the really neat things were that 2 of my longest standing friends were there and that I got to have both mine and Matt's family there. My parents really were at a meeting so they weren't there but so many others were and I was completely surprised. :)
That's alot of people

my niece Faith and my sister Audrey my sister Rosa and I my friend for more than 20 years Angie
Angie and her husband RandallChristy was my roomie in college 12 years ago! Faith my brother Justin and yours truly That's my baby sister Maddie in the background my s.i.l Jillian, Rosa, Angie and my sister Audreymy niece MiaMackenzie, Justina and LoganJustin and Faith

2 comments:

itschristyb said...

Okay- now that I can finally get on line and see your pictures- I better make a comment. I've been lazy about posting any blogs as well. Well, not lazy- just busy! Anyhow- glad you were able to post these for your BIG day. It was FUN! We need to do things like that more often, but uh, I don't want to host next time... OKAY- MATT??! :) The only complaint is that you didn't get any pictures of Ellie on there! I guess I will forgive you this time! :)

Heather said...

Happy majorly belated birthday! Looks like I have missed....a TON :)