Sunday, October 14, 2007

Oh, the pressure!

Well, although you don't all comment, I've realized that people actually do read some of my musings every so often so I just had to come in and ramble a bit.
When a pot of water is put on a hot burner to boil eventually the pressure from the heat under the surface builds up and the water starts to boil! While I don't feel like I'm in hot water... I definitely understand that pressure. I am scheduled to leave for Spectacular in about 18 hours and I'm a little panicky! I mean, it occurred to me that while I am home with my precious little kiddos their dad is out doorknocking, studying, visiting various people etc and he does not have to worry about what the kids will be eating for dinner or even whether or not they will be eating dinner. He doesn't have to worry about whether or not he will forget them in the van after soulwinning (this happened last Tuesday to Ciarra and he says it's because she's perfectly capable of getting herself out) so what about the others who aren't able to get themselves out?
Then there's getting them in their uniforms on Wednesday. He comes home after studying all day and they're all ready to go. In uniform. Hair done!
I wonder, will they get their baths? I don't expect school to happen and only half hope their chore schedule will be maintained.
I don't expect my husband to run things the way I do...that's unreasonable! I really just want them to wear clean clothes and eat healthy each day. Maybe get to bed at a reasonable hour each night. Mostly, I don't want any to be given away or come up missing.
Never mind the panic I feel about getting mugged while touring Chicago (thanks very much to my mom & dad). Right now the kids' wellbeing far outweighs my own! HA
I have lots of errands and things to pull together before packing tomorrow so the only thing keeping me awake is adrenaline. I know without a doubt this will be so much fun and I hope to be able to post some while I'm away. When I get home I will post pics. which I bought another little memory card for. Don't want to run out of storage space!
So, while these crazy thoughts run through my mind I am trusting that the Lord will give me the peace only He can give and I will be able to open my heart up for all the wonderfaul things He has for me. Of course your prayers will help. I am also looking forward to sharing the things I learn just as you have requested. :-)

3 comments:

mommaz said...

O' my dear you are on frantic mode - i have to say I had a good giggle from your writing...
definitely will be praying for you on your trip - for my grand daughter's not to lose their dad, and for my son in law not to lose my grand daughters. love you bunches and bunches. mom

Mishel said...

Have a *wonderful* time!! Can't wait to hear all abou it! : )

Pamela said...

Hope you had a great time!
And I would love to say you should not worry about my brother taking care of the kiddo's BUT He's a guy what more can I say? :-)