Saturday, February 9, 2008

Some super special silliness

You may recall a while back I told you about a little one in this family who loves to run to the garage and greet daddy as he pulls in. Sometimes I get a little afraid thinking she'll get out there before he pulls in and...well, if you're a parent you know the end of that one. But today was extra sweet. She has always run to the door and can sometimes push it open after her sister's have run out, otherwise she stands there until the door gets opened for her. Today she stood at the door and said, "Uh uh pease ssomm ope' d'wage doah." Which of course is please someone open the garage door. Did you get that? She said d'wage!! I was so excited. She asked someone to open the garage door so she could throw the diaper away! So after she ditched the diaper I walked her around the house asking her what other things were to see if I could find out what other vocabulary words she has learned. Oh and when daddy came home tonight she ran yelling "pease ope' d'wage momma".
In other news, Kaylyn has been paying attention to the Einstein movie Cuppie got for her birthday. How do I know this? The movie teaches sign language and she told me tonight how "Einstein says sleep" as she showed it to me. WOW!! How wonderful! Guess we get to have a coupla' little einstein's in the family.

3 comments:

Ashleigh Baker said...

I *love* the sound of little ones learning to say words... Troy has just taken off lately and will copy every single thing we say, which may or may not be a good thing, lol!

Mommy said...

She sounds so adorable. :)

I am stopping by from the Bloggy Giveaway. Thank you for entering my contest for the Motivated Moms. There was another winner, but I hope you'll stop by time to time. :)

Tiffany said...

I watch a 16 month old and it is cute how she trys so hard to say new words. She also has loves her baby einstiein movies!!! I sign fluently and I was so excited when they got the first signs, because a month after she was watching it (at 9 months) she could sign basic words and wouldnt get so frustrated with me when I didnt know what she wanted.