Saturday, March 8, 2008

A 23 hr birthday


** Updated with pics**
8 years ago today my husband got out of bed and proceeded in getting ready to drive 90 mins. to school.
The night before I had picked my mom and 3 little sisters up at the airport so mom could be present for the birth of her first grandchild.
I wasn't actually due until St. Patrick's Day but she (the baby) didn't care about that. We had talked about how neat it would be for her to be born that day (March 17th) since there is irish in my his background and our last name is irish. However, like I said, she didn't care about that.
I wasn't sure what was happening but something "didn't feel right" and I asked my husband to stay home from school (that sounds so funny) ;) I called the Dr. and after explaining what was going on (I wasn't in active labor yet, I had lost my plug) they told me to go to the hospital. Since I wasn't in active labor, mom asked if I could wait while she showered. Oh, yeah, sure no problem. We (actually they) got snacks together and what not, making me wait over an hour, in pain now, sitting on the couch, waiting, waiting...you get the idea.
11 hrs. later my husband and I became proud parents for the very first time. We could not believe this little girl had been entrusted to us. I couldn't believe the incredible amount of love that welled up inside of me for this wee person I'd just met. We commited to raise her up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Over the years we have had the most incredible joy of seeing our prayers answered in our daughter coming to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. We've watched as she's developed a sincere desire to read His Word. We've marveled at her love for Him. We continue to be enchanted by the beautiful young lady she is becoming and wish sometimes that we could capture days and moments in time so as not to miss anything. Obviously His will for her life will is only revealed in His time and we only seek to train her up in the way she should go so that when she is old she will not depart from Him. (paraphrased by me) We feel privileged to be Ciarra's parents and look forward to the next year of God's great blessings in and on her life.

Ps 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
This was her day at American Girl Place! She loved it!

We also took her to dinner and as you can see we all enjoyed celebrating with her!
And some "see food" for those of you *really* missing Cuppie!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Ciarra looks like you had the Royal treatment!
Love you and Miss You All!!
Love,
Aunt Pam