Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Doggy box or outside and cell phones-

It's backwards day at Works-for-me-Wednesday and I definitely have questions. I'm posting both here so I don't have to link twice at Shannon's.
First question, we just got a Chihuahua for the oldest's birthday. She will be 8 Saturday. She's been praying for one and we thought this would be good for teaching responsibility. So the question is, I've read lots of recommendations both ways and have you tried a puppy litter box when training your little small dog or have you just trained it outside from the very beginning? During the day taking him outside works out really well, however in the middle of the night she doesn't want to go outside and I don't blame her. But will there be confusion if we do both? I want to know from those who've been there. Since I know we all have our theories.
Also, totally unrelated...4 months ago we upgraded our cell phones and plan only to find that my husband can't stand his phone!!! His disdain is close to hate. But the cell phone company is unwavering. The phone he wants will now be over $300 as opposed to being $200 at the time of the upgrade which is what he's already paid for the one he has. We are not trying to make a buck or even take advantage. The phone doesn't do what he was told it would do and that's not ok for the next 20 months! So...do you know if letter writing gets results? I am willing to drag this thing out and take the company down if need be (well, not really) but I really think it's not too much to ask them to make ONE consumer totally happy!! Got any ideas that have worked?
Make sure to go to Rocks in my dryer to offer your knowledge for other confused, lost, wandering, wondering peeps~ Have a swell day.

4 comments:

DND said...

zkzWell, I can't help you with the cell phone company, other then to say that if you continue to complain up ladder, you might get somewhere. Try telling them that the phone isn't doing what it was promised etc...
As for the puppy, I will tell you what I tell everyone...consistancy is the key with potty training. So, if you don't mind having potty pads or a puppy litter box for the next 13-15 year then you can use them. My favorite way to potty train is crate training. You have to be consistant with the crate and don't use it as punishment. You also have to be sure that the puppy has NO uncorrected accidents and the correction needs to be during the act and not afterwards.

Kristy said...

I have two dogs and never used a puppy litter box when training them. One I've had since she was a puppy, and even then she could get through the night just fine without going.

You could try going outside with her and playing a bit, so its fun for her. Mine both love to be outside during the day, but at night or when the weather is bad, they just go out, do their thing, and come right back in. They learned pretty quickly that even when they didn't want to be outside, I would let them in just as soon as they took care of business.

Unknown said...

We don't have puppies, but I'm sure there are forums and yahoogroups where you can get advice. Otherwise try google.

About the cellphone.
He bought it, didn't he?
And he waited weeks to find out he wants another?
Would he want to buy a second hand one for new? No? So he can't return it.

I think 200 dollars is a lot of money for a cellphone. How happy he is to buy one of that price.

Maybe he can find someone who wants to trade? Or he can sell it at ebay.

You can find my "works for me" at:

Laane on the World

Have a great day!!!

mama2drama said...

About the phone, yes I agree $200 is a lot of money for a cell phone. We were able to get it for 2 reasons, the biggest one being that we had gotten the settlement from the accident and the second being that my husband, being a pastor, needs more than a basic cell phone as opposed to having a phone and PDA. We praise the Lord for giving us the money to buy what he needed when it didn't in fact do what he needed... this is a very long story.