Friday, July 4, 2008

Had to have our own ceremony

We got our eagerly awaited, anxiously anticipated government stimulus check and without too much pomp and circumstance my sweetheart bought his girls a pool. When we went down to get it we went for a 10' x 30" glorified kiddie pool they were all out. Never actually had them in stock when the ad came out. Bummer for me cuz it meant we bought a 16' x 42" which is totally doable for the adults in this family to swim in.

Elapsed time 1 hour

Elapsed time 2 hours

Elapsed time 1 hour 7 mins


Elapsed time 2 hours

What you don't see is the pool full because notice there were kids in the pool and then it's empty? That was after they got out and were in the shower. When they got out of the shower the baby decided it was her time to play in the now wet shower stall. Then...pandemonium broke out. The baby was crying. Her sisters were screaming,"mommy there's blood!" "Mommy!!!" *shrieking in high tones* I ran to the bathroom to find the baby standing there with blood pouring from her mouth. I am not normally one to panic and since she was already standing I swooped her up and started rinsing her face only to find that blood was coming from the inside and outside of her mouth.
I got her calmed down and was able to tell that she had fallen and bitten through her lip completely with 2 teeth.
I asked my husband to take her so I could call my dad and ask if I should take her in. You know what that means if you're a parent! My husband looked at me and said, "Please just take her in." That's when I kicked into gear.
The Dr. opted not to go with stitches but even he was surprised at how big the cut was when we got it cleaned up.

They glued it instead. (Can't figure out why this is sideways)
Got a lil video of her explanation a little later.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh my, poor baby!!! So sorry little girl! Love You! XOXO

Rhonda said...

All I can say is "OUCH!" At least she's still little!

Meredith said...

Oh my! Glad she's okay! Funny thing..... when I was 10 I did the exact same thing....to a T!!!! My two top front teeth went right through my bottom lip and unfortunatly they didn't have "glue" back then. I had 4 stitches and still have a small scar to this day.

On a different note, love the pool! Wish I could dive through the computer and take a dip! :)

Heather said...

Sileena!! My son just had a trip to the ER this past Tuesday for this very thing! He had to have stitches though because they needed to *match-up* the pink and white of his lip....wow! I'm so glad she didn't need stitches.

Mishel said...

Poor little thing! I'm so glad she didn't have to have stitches though.

And enjoy that pool! Looks like a lot of fun! : )

mama2drama said...

Meredith - That's crazy! I can't imagine doing that at 10!

Heather - I wish they would've done them. Well sorta. Refer to update post.

Everyone - the pool is the biggest blessing. We've been in it every day since we got it! We are now trying to figure out how to deal with these sunburns (which I rarely get) and still enjoy it. On the other hand, the girls sleep soooo good at night and my house is staying clean since no one is in it all day.

Tiffany said...

Oh no poor little one. Im so thankful they could glue it!!! Its not as scary as the stitches. We will be praying for her to recover quickly!! Its always important to stay calm you did an awesome job. What great big sisters too!!

ExploreColorado said...

What fun to have a pool. Hope your little one's lip heals quickly.
Vickie